Our road sign
Smokey's Bicycle Shop
Heriot Bay, B.C.
- See our location on Google Maps.
- From Nanaimo: Take highway 19 north to Campbell River.
- Turn right onto Island Hwy (the old hwy. 19A) as far as the ferry dock.
- If you are planning several trips back to Vancouver Island from Quadra, load up a B.C. Ferries 'experience' card so that all your trips will be less expensive than if you pay cash for each trip.
- The ferry schedule is very confusing now. Check the Campbell River-Quadra Island ferry schedule before planning your trip.
- If you drive diesel, fill up in Campbell River. There is no diesel fuel sold at our only gas station.
- From the Quathiaski Cove ferry dock: Cove Road goes up the hill to a T-junction at the Quathiaski Cove shopping centre. Several grocery stores, a Post Office, drugstore, bookstore, health food store, the Quadra Island Medical Clinic, restaurants, and the Credit Union are located here.
- Take a left on Harper Road, proceed straight until the next T-junction.
- You’ll turn right here at the only gas station on the island.
- Fill up early, it closes at 8 PM. The Café Aroma is here too. Excellent coffee, etc.
- You’re now on Heriot Bay Rd.
- There’s a 3-way intersection ahead which could fool you. Vehicles coming from the other two directions must stop, but you don’t.
- Even tho’ a sign reading “Heriot Bay” points to the left, you must go straight ahead. This is the Heriot Bay Road.
- At the top of the second hill is another T-junction. Turn left. This is still Heriot Bay Rd. Go north 2 km.
- You will see a yellow highways sign with a Bicycle, a Horse, and the word "Crossing"
- The next driveway left is Smokey’s Bicycle Shop and the Quadra Bike School.
I am currently not accepting students who fly here unless they have somewhere to spend two weeks of quarantine before arriving here.
If you cycle here, as some have done, phone the the Quadra Bike School at 250-285-2447 and I can pick you up from the ferry.