Our road sign
Smokey's Bicycle Shop
Quathiaski Cove, B.C.
- See our location on Google Maps.
- From Nanaimo: Take highway 19 north to Campbell River.
- Turn right onto Island Hwy (the old hwy. 19A) as far as the ferry dock.
- If you are planning several trips back to Vancouver Island from Quadra, load up a B.C. Ferries 'experience' card so that all your trips will be less expensive than if you pay cash for each trip.
- The ferry schedule is very confusing now. Check the Campbell River-Quadra Island ferry schedule before planning your trip.
- If you drive diesel, fill up in Campbell River. There is no diesel fuel sold at our only gas station.
- From the Quathiaski Cove ferry dock: Cove Road goes up the hill to a T-junction at the Quathiaski Cove shopping centre. Several grocery stores, a Post Office, drugstore, bookstore, health food store, the Quadra Island Medical Clinic, restaurants, and the Credit Union are located here.
- Take a left on Harper Road, proceed straight until the next T-junction.
- You’ll turn right here at the only gas station on the island.
- Fill up early, it closes at 8 PM. The Café Aroma is here too. Excellent coffee, etc.
- You’re now on Heriot Bay Rd.
- There’s a 3-way intersection ahead which could fool you. Vehicles coming from the other two directions must stop, but you don’t.
- Even tho’ a sign reading “Heriot Bay” points to the left, you must go straight ahead. This is the Heriot Bay Road.
- At the top of the second hill is another T-junction. Turn left. This is still Heriot Bay Rd. Go north 2 km.
- You will see a yellow highways sign with a Bicycle, a Horse, and the word "Crossing"
- The next driveway left is Smokey’s Bicycle Shop and the Quadra Bike School.
If you cycle here, as some have done, phone the the Quadra Bike School at 250-285-2447 and I can pick you up from the ferry.